June 4, 2006
- 1 pork rib cut (approx 180-200g meat)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fresh tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons cayenne
- good shake of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 can red kidney beans.
- cornflour paste - about 2 tablespoons
- Breadcrumbs and grated cheese (optional)
- Fry the onion in vegetable oil with the garlic, paprika and cayenne for a couple of minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato and bell pepper and continue to fry until the onion is soft and the vegetables are starting to soften.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and stock. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the sugar a teaspoon at a time, tasting each time. At this stage add more paprika and cayenne if necessary.
- Place the pork in an oven proof dish. Add two tablespoons of cornstarch paste to the sauce and pour over the pork. Cook at gas mark 3 for an hour.
- Add the kidney beans to the dish and mix into the sauce. If the sauce has thinned considerably, add more cornstarch paste. Return to the oven for ten minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top with breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Brown under the grill and serve with wild rice and salad.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.